Friday, July 07, 2006

Independence Day

Foreword by the Author


Any non americans my not find this post to be patriotically fullfilling. If this is an essential ingredient for you for a comfortable blog read, please skip this post.

I just got back from Austin lastnight. Took a bus on monday, and spent the fourth of july with my brothers. I've never travelled alone before. I've heard lots of horror stories about buses, so I wasn't too anxious to get on one, especially not alone. It turned out to be pretty uneventful though. I didn't even know buses had "in-flight" movies.
I saw the movie Napoleon Dynamite for the first time, and I'm sure I'll be quoting lines from it for the next few years.
I had a few debates about things of the spirit (which by the way are impossible to win as long as the answer to every question is "your thinking in terms of the flesh, we don't understand the spirit" it may be true, but makes an argument impossible to win on either side).
I had some fun, and got to spend some time with my family which was nice.
Had a cookout, a few video game tournaments, and quite a few sessions of people just sitting around laughing.
I guess i'm only posting this cuz I have nothing else to say, and seeing that some ppl have been complaining that I don't post enough, I thought I'd just put something. Perhaps something funny will come later.

4 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Napoleon Dynamite is freaking hallarious. It brings a whole new definition to the word "nerd." Glad you got to see it...and Vote for Pedro!

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What bus line did you take? :D

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Blog God said...

I took Coach USA. And thanks for the advice Zonk.

 
At 3:44 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

Napoleon Dynamite is a great movie, none of that plastic hollywood pervefection.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page