Wednesday, November 05, 2008

And I thought I had nothing to post about

Ok so this is the 3rd time I'm trying to post this post. A good rule of thumb for posting should be that you shouldn't do it at the same time as trying to reactivate your copy of windows vista. Anyway it's all activated now so I'll get it actually posted this time.

As I was saying the last 2 times I bought a new car, it's a 2000 Saturn SL1, 5-speed manual. The only problem being that I've never actually driven one before so I'm learning. It is however not as hard as I thought it would be, I think I'm learning fairly quickly.
Another thing about getting my first real car is that it needs insurance which, for a 19 year old, single white male who's only had his license for about 10 months, can be pretty expensive. So once I get the money to buy insurance I need to get the the car registered and then inspected and then I can start driving it regularly, for now I'm still driving Dave's car.

Anyway I would follow this up with more information but, wouldn't ya know it, Vista is asking me to restart the computer again to help remove potential spyware or something. Curses.

11 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Insurance kills me. I pay $216 a month for liability only. My record is clean but imagine what it would be if I ever had an accident. That was also the cheapest I found which I was really happy with cause most places were quoting me about $400 - $500 for liability only. SUCKKKKKSSSSSSS

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Living My Fairytale said...

OMG that is insane!! You guys need to have kids. We have liability with progressive and it has medical coverage, etc. and we only pay about $100 month although we paid up for 6 months so yeah...$600 bucks
Like I said...have kids...or check out Progressive...who knows?

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Living My Fairytale said...

Oh yeah and that's the price for 2 drivers...

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Clare said...

You need to get married, have kids and turn 25 - we pay $112 a month for full coverage for two cars, with extra little perks like road side assistance. :P

BTW, Nat's manual 1998 Saturn SL has $200K miles on it and, knock on wood, is still running. Good car. Not comfortable, and not fancy, but good.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Blog God said...

Yeah, I'm probably getting insurance with one of these local insurance places. Progressive quoted me something in the area of $150 a month for the bare minimum. This place I'm going with is something like 120 a month. $756 for 6 months, so I'm going with them.

Oh, and Rosie, the difference between insurance that we pay is negligible next to the amount of money I would spend on raising a child...so really I think I'm getting the better deal here.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Nat said...

I feel sorry for you. GM manuals are terrible, and not at all easy to learn on.

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh comon jesse, just have kids!!! hahah. I havent heard from you in ages jesse, how have you been?

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Jason said...

I can understand why insurance companies charge you kids so much for insurance. You couldn't pay me enough to insure your condemned cars.
I could have shat myself the other day when I was riding in the car with some reckless teen :). She was slow to defend herself from a femme destroyer (in reverse!), and her car paid the ultimate price.
Trust no one in this jungle, Especially not a teenager.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger BarbarianDave said...

Hmmm Jason.....From what I remember, you're one of the more scary drivers I have ridden with yet.

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, That's not fair! I wasn't at fault. It was all your fault Jason, you jinxed me and my car! About my insurance, I have Nationwide full coverage and I pay 125 a month. I think that's high but compared to others on here I'm doing pretty well.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Barbarian, you are the only person I know who has actually managed to wreck both of his only two vehicles in one foolish accident. What makes you courageous enough to even participate in a conversation about bad drivers. Was your memory of the accident was erased by the impact?

(A more accurate comment that you could have made):
"hmmm self....From what I have forgotten, I am one of the more scary drivers I've ever ridden with yet."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page