Thursday, February 19, 2009

Accepted!

Okay so where to begin, haven't updated in a while. First things first I guess.
So I put in a few applications to a few schools, colleges that is, in order to further my education...although really it's just to make lots of money. One of those applications went to a school in San Marcos Texas known as the Texas State University, and as of last week I have been accepted to join. Yes it's a strange prospect indeed. Most people have older siblings who did the whole college thing, just a part of life like highschool, only one of my older siblings has gone to college, and he's still going. I guess trade school kinda sorta counts, but this is it, I mean, this is like for real college, living on campus, with dorms and parties and fraternites and mid-terms and the whole deal, it's just a little bit exciting. 
Obviously I have a few opportunities that my siblings didn't have which are helping to allow me to go, such as timing so don't nobody get offended and feel like I'm taking a crack at you. 
Having said that it's also not set in stone that I'll go either. I still have to come up with tuition and room and board and all the rest of that good stuff.

Well enough of that topic. In other news I also got a promotion in my job. Actually I got promoted about a month and a half ago, but I'm finally reaping some of the benefits, such as a not-so-shitty schedule. For the last few months I've been working this job I've worked the weekends with tuesday and wednesday off, but now I get to work like a normal person and get Saturday and Sunday off, quite happy about that. Now mind you, I'm not NOT complaining about my job, it's still terrible, has lousy pay, and could quite possibly make a person lose their sanity, but it's getting better. 

I think that's about all that's happened to me since I last posted, gotta do my taxes and stuff...oh and there was the whole episode with my car, getting that ticket for not having inspection but not able to get inspection on it because there was something wrong with the catalytic converter and having to pay a bunch of money to get the catalytic converter fixed and it STILL not passing inspection and then taking it back to get repaired and them telling me there's nothing wrong with it and then getting it inspected AGAIN and FINALLY passing (5 inspections total). But I'm pretty sure I already told everyone about that. 

Hmmm, oh yeah, I'M GOING TO COLLEGE!!!

disclaimer: The above statement should not be taken as a fact, as I actually may not end up being able to go to college but should rather be taken as an exclamation of joy and excitement at the upcoming prospect. If things do not turn out in my favor and I cannot go to college this disclaimer prohibts anyone from teasing/laughing/mocking or jesting in any manner about said failure.

13 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations with that man sorry to hear about the car I think I would have killed somebody for stupid shit like that.

-Michael-

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Clare said...

Good for you Jesse! I hope you do it. I'd be glad for you. I have a friend who is a single mom and put herself through a prestigious private college on scholarships that she applied for, as well as the pell grant etc. You can do it.

We'll both probably be going soon too...course I'm sure it's an an entirely different experience when you're juggling family and a job at the same time.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Class Clown said...

the Longhorns could tick Texas Techs ass any Sunday, Monday, OR Thursday.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger BarbarianDave said...

He wouldn't be going to Texas Tech.....and last I remember the Longhorns lost to Texas Tech.

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Class Clown said...

I never said he was going to Texas Tech did it, I'm just saying, they could.




Texas state sucks too.... as a university
>.>
<.<

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Blog God said...

That's a pretty stupid opinion to have formed without knowing anything about it. It's actually quite a good school for training in technical sciences, probably the best in the state. I might have considered going there if it was closer.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Alien Watcher said...

Just don't do stupid shit like Harold & Kumar did when they went to collage. I mean, smoking pot & all that stuff. Or the whole night out at the white Kastle, etc. Ha! I hope you get in & have some fun.
Glad your job got the victory & gave you the weekends off. Now you can be a normal person & PARTY, PARTY. Just joking, be good, don't drink too much, but have some fun.
What exactly will you be studying in collage?
Love ya,
Dad

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Blog God said...

I'm probably gonna have an undeclared major for my first year, but I'm thinking about computer engineering, we'll see what happens.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Nat said...

Congratulations, Jesse!

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooo exciting! If I had known college was so freaking wonderful I would have finished high school early and rushed straight into it. Congrats!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Go Jesse Joe! I'm proud of you.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Jason said...

Inmates around the world dream about having the freedom to one day have a blog. We should honor them by keeping our blogs updated.

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous f|35h said...

Good job guy, see you on the other side.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page